Thursday, July 15, 2010
The Dentist
Ok, so I got back from the dentist and the news was less than uplifting. I just found out that I have 3 wisdom teeth that need to be 'cut out'. Not extracted but cut out. They are going to send me to an oral surgeon. Apparently, two of the teeth are infected and one is abscessed. The third tooth that needs to be removed is growing perpendicular to the other teeth. Think of a sideways 'T'. Normal teeth grow up and down, this one would be growing left to right pushing on the other molar in my mouth. The doctor stated that if it was not removed, it would wear away the bone and cause for removal of both teeth and some of my jaw. Hooray for dentistry!!! So, now, they have put me on Amoxicillin and Vicodin ES. I am thoroughly disgusted. One with the prognosis and two with my self. More with my self then with the prognosis. I have reached that point in my life when I realized just how right my parents were and how delusional I am. You know what I mean. You grow up thinking that your parents are just telling you stuff to keep you in line. You think, " this could never happen in real life!", and then one day. SMACK! Reality sets in. It does happen to you. So, one more time to reiterate the point. Listen to your parents when they tell you not to procrastinate and get stuff taken care of. Otherwise, you will wake up one day with severe pain in your mouth and a dentist bill for $1500.oo to get it taken care of. I think I would gladly trade brushing my teeth and bi-annual dentist visits for this pain and a hefty bill now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Be warned, I am subject to responding to your post!