Well, not really. I finally can't take it anymore and have to go see the dentist. I am not really looking forward to it but I know it is for the best. If anything, just to relieve the pain that is domineering my psyche right now. Fighting pain is like an endurance match. I can take a punch with the best of them, but the slow and dull aching gets me every time. Ok, so that's a lie. It was almost 2 years of a dull pain in my side with bouts of sharp pains and constant heart burn before I had my gall bladder removed. A tooth ache really hurts, but still doesn't hold a candle to passing a gall stone. One of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with. Passing gall stones led me to the emergency room more then once and the most severe being there for 6 and half hours before being seen by a physician. I was doubled over and prayed for death. It hurt soooo bad. At one point I thought I was going to 'break' on the inside. Made me look at pain in a WHOLE new light. Suddenly a stubbed toe seems so trivial. It definately makes me empathize with others in pain now.
However, back to the tooth ache. I has been some time since going to the dentist. I have been warned numerous times by my girlfriend to '..just go see the dentist already!' and like any aspiring man would do, denied and fought her every step of the way out of spite. Well, here comes the crux of the problem and such led me to going to see the dentist. Her nagging finally got to me. Enduring that kind of pain just isn't in my repetoire! And without further adeu, 'Nicole, you were right, I am going to the dentist!'. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Be warned, I am subject to responding to your post!